Table of Contents
- 1 Yeast Infection: What Causes Them and What Can You Do?
- 2 How Long Does a Yeast Infection Last?
- 3 What are the Symptoms of Yeast Infections?
- 4 6 Ways on How to Prevent Yeast Infections
- 5 6 Best Natural Remedies For Yeast Infection (For Those Who’d Rather Not Take Antibiotics)
- 6 What is Red Candida Excess?
- 7 5 Natural Remedies for Red Candida Excess That Works
- 8 3 Effective Natural Home Remedies for White Candida Gluten Intolerance
- 9 Take Away!
Yeast infections are a very common medical problem among females world over. Some take antibiotics and get rid of the condition but for a high percentage that was actually the original cause. Sometimes women don’t want to take drugs or simply can’t afford them. Tune in as we discuss some of the best natural remedies for yeast infections as opposed to the pharmacy.
Yeast Infection: What Causes Them and What Can You Do?
A yeast infection occurs when there is an overgrowth of the candida albicans fungus. This fungus is found in small amounts in the GI tract, mouth, and vagina. When the balance of bacteria in the body is disrupted, the fungus can grow out of control and cause an infection.
There are a number of things that can disrupt the bacterial balance in the body and lead to a yeast infection. These include:
Antibiotics: The most popular reasons for yeast infections are antibiotics and oftentimes some of the examples below actually begin with the first prescription and never go away. These drugs kill off both good and bad bacteria, which can allow the candida albicans fungus to grow unchecked.
Hormonal changes: Things like pregnancy, birth control pills, and menopause can all change the levels of estrogen in the body. Estrogen promotes the growth of yeast cells, so when levels are high, it can lead to an overgrowth of candida albicans.
Poor diet: A diet high in sugar and simple carbohydrates can promote the growth of yeast cells. This is because these foods provide them with an easy source of energy to grow and multiply.
Diabetes: This condition causes elevated levels of sugar in the blood, which can provide yeast cells with a rich environment in which to grow.
Stress: This can weaken the immune system and make it less able to keep candida albicans under control.
How Long Does a Yeast Infection Last?
There are a few different schools of thought on how long a yeast infection should last.
- It should go away within a couple days on its own. This is especially true if you have a mild case of the infection.
- The infection will go away, but it may take a week or two for all the symptoms to subside.
- Some people believe that a yeast infection is chronic and will never really go away, but instead lies deep within. This seems to be the most logical school of thought backed up by scientific evidence.
If you have a mild case of a yeast infection, home remedies like yogurt or probiotics may be enough to clear up the infection within a few days. But if your symptoms are more severe it may take longer and even require a candida cleanse along with the prebiotics such as Prozyme Plus Prebiotics and probiotics such as Alive Probiotics.
Some doctors prescribe an antifungal medication like fluconazole (Diflucan). This medication can usually stop the itching and some symptoms of the yeast infection within a week but not the underlying problem. Thus the importance of prebiotics or probiotics.
If you have chronic yeast infections, you may need to make some lifestyle changes to stop them from recurring. These changes could include eating a healthier diet, taking probiotics regularly, and avoiding douching or using vaginal sprays as these can disrupt the natural balance of good bacteria in the vagina.
The Candida Diet is helpful in clearing yeast from your body but requires a lot of self control and dietary changes for some time.
What are the Symptoms of Yeast Infections?
The most common symptom of a vaginal yeast infection is itching, which may be severe. Other symptoms include burning, redness, and swelling of the vagina and vulva; a thick, white vaginal discharge that can look like cottage cheese and is usually odorless; and pain or burning when urinating or during sex.
If you have any of these symptoms, you may want to visit your naturopathic doctor for the most natural approach or other healthcare provider so that they can rule out other potential causes and provide you with the appropriate treatment.
6 Ways on How to Prevent Yeast Infections
There are a few things you can do to prevent yeast infections, especially if you are susceptible to them.
- First, practice good hygiene by showering regularly and wiping front to back after using the restroom. This will help keep your vaginal area clean and dry.
- Second, avoid douching, which can disrupt the natural balance of bacteria in your vagina and lead to infection.
- Third, wear breathable cotton underwear and avoid tight-fitting clothing, which can trap moisture and promote the growth of yeast.
- Fourth, practice safe sex. Yeast can be transferred to your partner as well during unprotected intercourse. Ping Pong Syndrome is when the infection passes back and forth while one person is being treated but not the other.
- Fifth, read about boric acid and its simple help for yeast infections. This will not get rid of yeast completely but will rid the vagina of the overgrowth and so remove many of the symptoms.
- Finally, take probiotics/prebiotics or eat yogurt with live cultures (not sugary yogurt which will defeat the purpose) to maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in your gut, which can help avoid yeast infections. You can also use yogurt as a suppository but make sure it is plain yogurt.
6 Best Natural Remedies For Yeast Infection (For Those Who’d Rather Not Take Antibiotics)
You are familiar with the awful itch, the burning sensation, and the general discomfort associated with a yeast infection. It really comes as no surprise that a lot of women would prefer to suffer in quiet than seek medical attention. Don’t suffer any longer with these powerful natural remedies.
- Raw Garlic – Orally or topically as an oil
- Raw Honey – Consuming raw honey acts as a natural antibiotic without destroying organisms
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar in water
- Baking Soda Spray – a spray made of water and baking soda and sprayed into the vagina
- Boric acid suppositories – make capsules and insert into vagina once or twice daily. This will not get rid of yeast completely but will rid the vagina of the overgrowth and so remove many of the symptoms.
- Probiotics such Alive Probiotics / Prebiotics such as Prozyme Plus Prebiotic or eat yogurt with live cultures (not sugary yogurt which will defeat the purpose) to maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in your gut, which can help avoid yeast infections. You can also use yogurt as a suppository but make sure it is plain yogurt.
What is Red Candida Excess?
Red Candida Excess is the most common type of yeast infection; affecting both men and women. Though it most often occurs in women, it can also occur in men. The infection is caused by a type of yeast called Candida Albicans. This yeast is normally found in small amounts in the vagina, mouth, and digestive tract. However, when the body’s natural balance is disrupted, the yeast can overgrow and cause an infection.
Red Candida Excess often causes itching and irritation in the affected area. It may also cause burning, redness, and swelling. In some cases, it can lead to painful urination or intercourse. If left untreated, Red Candida Excess can spread to other parts of the body and cause serious health problems.
5 Natural Remedies for Red Candida Excess That Works
If you suffer from red candida excess, there are a few natural remedies that can help.
1. Coconut oil has antifungal properties and can help fight off the infection.
2. Garlic is another natural antifungal that can be used to rid a yeast infection from within.
3. Yogurt contains live cultures that can help fight off the infection. Make sure it is plain; no sugar.
4. Apple cider vinegar has antifungal properties and can also help balance the pH levels in the body.
5. Goldenseal is an herb that has been traditionally used to remedy yeast infections.
3 Effective Natural Home Remedies for White Candida Gluten Intolerance
What is white candida gluten intolerance and its natural home remedies? Here are 5 effective ways to overcome your intolerance:
1. Avoid Gluten-Containing Foods
The first step in overcoming your gluten intolerance is to avoid all foods that contain gluten. This means eliminating all breads, pastas, cereals, and other products made with wheat, barley, or rye from your diet. While this may seem like a daunting task, there are plenty of delicious gluten-free options available nowadays. With a little bit of creativity and effort, you can still enjoy all your favorite foods without having to worry about the adverse effects of gluten. Try Thrive Market for choices.
2. Eat Plenty of Probiotic-Rich Foods
Probiotics and prebiotics are live bacteria that are beneficial for gut health. They help restore the natural balance of good and bad bacteria in the gut, which is important for optimal digestion and overall health. Eating probiotic-rich foods such as yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut, and miso can help reduce the symptoms of gluten intolerance and promote a healthy digestive system. Sauerkraut is so simple and cheap to make. Consider making some and adding it to your daily meals.
3. Add More Fiber to Your Diet
Fiber is an essential nutrient that helps keep the digestive system functioning properly. It bulk up stool and promotes regularity while also helping to reduce constipation and diarrhea. For people with gluten intolerance, adding more fiber to their diet can help alleviate some of the digestive issues commonly associated with white candida gluten intolerance.
Fortunately, as mentioned throughout this article, there are many effective natural remedies for Red Candida Excess. Antifungal creams or suppositories are often used but do not effectively treat the infection throughout the body but merely the symptoms in the area of infection. Taking prebiotics and probiotics to restore the balance of good bacteria provides a more lasting, healthy outcome without masking the underlying issue or causing reactions.
There you have it – some of the best natural remedies for yeast infections you can try. With these remedies you can get rid of your infection quickly and effectively, without having to worry about harsh chemicals or side effects. Give one or more of these remedies a try next time you’re dealing with a yeast infection, and see for yourself how well they work.