So, you clicked on the button that says we are going to be talking about the pill, Norplant, the I.U.D., and Depro-Provera. Now you are looking at the word Abortifacients and may be thinking you have gotten the wrong page. Don’t worry. You are on the right page.
What is wrong, is the information you have been given by your doctor, friends, minister, etc… They have all told you that birth control is safe for you and that is prevents unwanted pregnancies. They told you that it would reduce the number of abortion’s in America. They are wrong.
Since the introduction of chemical birth control into American society, the number of abortions have risen an enormous amount. In fact, the number of chemical abortions every year is likely to be higher than the total number of surgical abortions performed since Roe v. Wade went into effect in 1973. The number of surgical abortion performed every year is over 1,000,000. The last year of data provided says 1,221,585. So there have been over 26,000,000 abortions performed in the United States alone in the last 26 years.
So if theory is correct, and I believe that it is, there is a possibility of approximately 26,000,000 chemical abortions in the United States each year. This does not include the number of chemical abortions done with drugs like RU-486, which is designed and taken for this express purpose of aborting the baby. These numbers include those babies who are aborted, unknowingly, by women who are taking some form of birth control, including the pill, Depo-Provera, Norplant, and the I.U.D. (Read about the side effects of the Depo Shot.)
Now, some of you reading this may believe abortion is okay and this abortifacient method gives you no reason to stop taking these types of birth control. If this is you, you can either click here to read more about abortion or you can skip to the next section of this page which deals with harmful effects that this methods of birth control have on your body.
So now you may be wondering, how did I come to this conclusion. The answer is simple. This information is written on hundreds and hundreds of web pages. In fact it even comes along in the little packet that is given to you when you go to get your shot or pick up your pack of pills. It is right there in the small print. It states that they are three ways in which these devices work. Each type may vary a little but the basics are the same.
- Number One: These devices work by shutting of the ovulation process. Reality:These devices shut off ovulation 30% to 98% of the time. That means that you still have a 2% to 70% chance of conceiving, according to the way the device is set to work.
- Number Two: These devices work by thickening the mucas around the cervix, which in turn keep some sperm from traveling to the egg.
- Number Three: These devices work by turning the uterus into such a harsh environment that when conception does occur, the baby, or egg, can not attach to the uterus, where it needs to be in order to feed and grow. The baby then, not being able to find food starves to death and “spontaneously miscarries” or is aborted.
In 1994, the National Toxicology Program found that Conjugated estrogens, Diethylstilbestrol (DES), Progesterone, 17-Beta Estradiol, Estrone, Mestranol, and Ethinylestradiol were all known carcinogens. That is, they are known to be cancer causing agents or possible cancer causing angents.
Those which occur naturally in the body, are safe in the amounts that the body itself produces, but overexposure to these chemicals are dangerous. A womans body naturally produces 2 to 20 parts per trillion (ppt) and an amount of only 40 to 500ppt in the body has been linked to an increased risk of breast cancer. A woman who is on the birth control pill is receiving levels of 300,000ppt. That is 15,000 to 150,000 times the amount her body naturally produces.
Other problems associated with overexposure to some of the chemicals found in birth controls include distruption of the endocrine system, abnormalities in the reproductive systems of offspring, testical cancer in male offspring, enlarged prostates in male offspring, cancers of the reproductive system, and Hypospadias in male offspring.
As European countries have increased their use of birth control pills, there has been a 50% increase in cases of breast, cervix, and prostate cancer. (1)
Other side effects from these types of birth controls include:
- bleeding between periods, weight gain or loss, breast tenderness, nausea, vomiting, depression, blood clots, high blood pressure, liver tumors, gallstones, jaundice, heart attacks, stroke, weakened immune system, pelvic inflammatory disease, permanent sterility, tubal pregnancy, shrinking of the womb, breast cancer, mood swings, migraines, reduced sex drive, nervousness, dizziness, depression, rashes and spotty darkening of the skin, increased facial or body hair,and menstrual cramps.
- pregnancy with use of the I.U.D gives a 50% increased risk of miscarriage, a risk of life threatening infection if not removed, a risk of premature loss of amniotic fluid if not removed, a risk of premature birth, and half of all these pregnancies are ectopic.